Monday, February 11, 2013

Alrighty so I'm not a great blogger but I promised a couple people I would try to do better! So far all I have to report is that I made enough laundry soap today to last SIX months. All for only $1.19 per gallon (according to Heather and Joseph Pratt who actually did the math). It only took about two hours. Here is the recipe!


You will need:

 

5 gallon bucket
enough jugs to hold 2 1/2 gallons of soap
an old pot
1 bar of Fels Naphtha laundry soap, grated (available in the laundry isle)
3/4 cup Washing Soda (laundry Isle)
3/4 cup 20 Mule Team Borax (laundry isle)
2 tablespoons glycerin (pharmacy)
2 1/2 gallons HOT water

 

Combine grated soap in the pot with a little water. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until soap is melted and there are very few lumps. Put 2 1/2 gallons very hot water in the 5 gallon bucket and add melted soap, mix very well. Stir in borax and washing soda, mix well then add glycerin and mix well.  I like to add some Scentsy washer whiffs to mine, it smells pretty. I use 2 caps full per batch. You may have some lumps don't worry about those as long as they are not huge. Use 1/2 cup per large washer load. SHAKE WELL before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment