Monday, September 30, 2013

Can't beat this stuff at .05 per load.

I made laundry soap today. I make it a a couple times a year. It works great and I really like it but I've always wanted to do the math to see how much it really saves me. Like to hear it.....here it goes.



Ok here is what I used:  17.5 Gallons of water  (who knows what they charge me for that stuff)
                                       7 bars of Fels Naptha soap (6.00)
                                       5 1/4 cups of 20 Mule Team Borax  (about 4.00)
                                       5 1/4 cups of Washing Soda  (about 3.00)
                                       14 tablespoons of Glycerine  (about 15.00)

                                        I got 7 batches done 2 hours worth of hot, messy, work
                                    


Here is what I got:     About 18 gallons of laundry soap  for 28.00
                                   1.55 per gallon
                                   32 loads per gallon = 576 loads at just under .05 cents per load
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment